Terms and Conditions
My Media Services Ltd (t/a Myagent)
Dated 14 November 2016
My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) retains the copyright of all media. This includes photography, videos and floor plans. It overrides section 21(3) of the copyright act 1994 in accordance with section 21(4).
All our customers, clients and end users (including vendors) are subject to the terms and conditions of Myagent’s legal and copyright agreement.
The Image license agreement between My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) (Company No 2465350)and the contracting client including clients of contracting client.
Myagent reserves the right to update the terms and conditions at any time. You will be made aware of any updates when booking through our notification emails which we send out with every booking.
- This license is individual, non-transferable and non exclusive. It gives you the right to use the photographs on any type of medium, for any sort of utilisation, such as for example the illustration of press articles, advertising, on-line use, as well as the right to carry out any form of reproduction, printed or digital, needed in what you intend to do with the photographs.
This licence is granted to you with a time limit based on the life of the property listing with the current contracting client (real estate agent) or unless you should fail to respect
one of its clauses. This license allows you to crop the photographs, to take elements out of them, to use them partially, to touch them up or add elements to them.
- It is forbidden to resell, give a sub-license, give, lend, sub-let, distribute the whole or part of an image, whatever its size and resolution unless you are acting on behalf of a client as advertising agency or similar.
- My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) certifies that it is entitled to all the commercial rights pertaining to the photographs.
- All rights pertaining to the photographs are owned by My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent). The granting of this license does not imply a transfer of ownership.
- Any representation or reproduction, complete or partial, carried out without the consent of MyAgent may be considered a breech of contract.
- All media provide by My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) to the listing agent are 100% owned by My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) unless otherwise stated.
- All images provided by My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) may have been captured using My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgentstaff, contractors or third parties.
- In the event that My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent))uses a third parties’ supplier will ensure that we have the contractual right to license the images.
- My Media Services Ltd (t/a MyAgent) may resell image the rights to third parties, other real estate agents or advertising agencies. The resale of image rights may only completed once the current advertising campaign has
- In accordance with the terms of this agreement you must disclose to the client, vendor, tenant, investor or any associated person(s) involved with the property that is being photographed that the images captured are bound by the image use and that all image captured
or produced remain the property of MyAgent and may only be used for the life of the listing. This disclosure is normally indicated in the notification emails sent out to confirm our bookings.
- The vendor, tenant, investor or any associated person(s) may obtain copies of the images for personal use only and must not reproduce, resell
or redistribute those images for commercial purposes or for marketing use with another selling agent or marketing company.
- All photography bookings are a direct contract between MyAgent and the company booking the job usually the listing agent. The vendor, tenant, investor or any associated person(s) have no involvement in the contract between MyAgent and the listing agent and have no rights over any images unless specifically requested.
- The license contained in this Agreement may terminate automatically without notice from MyAgent if you fail
to comply with any provision of this agreement or fail to pay any accounts or monies owed. Upon termination, you must immediately:
- stop using the Digital Photos; and
- Delete any Digital Photos and all copies of all of them from all digital media and destroy all other copies or, upon request of
- Images may be resold to vendors or interested parties, resale of images can only be done where the original contracting client
has given permission for the images to be re-distributed.
- All image resales will incur an admin fee
- Myagent will endeavor to meet the customers’ deadlines to the best of its abilities but cannot be held liable if deadlines are not met. Deadlines missed can occur for numerous reasons (incl weather, poor performance, re editing, tight schedules). MyAgent will do its best to meet deadlines but can’t be held responsible if deadlines are missed for any reason.
- MyAgent supplies standard formats for media. Photos ( 4000 px wide and up to 5MB in size), Videos (URL’s and MP4), Floor Plan (JPgs). Any deviation from standard format will need to be discussed at the time of the original booking.
- MyAgent supplies via DropBox links ready for download. Any requests to deliver via alternate means (to CRMs, FTP, or other client specific servers) may incur additional cost.
- This Agreement will be governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand. The Courts of the New Zealand shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes under this Agreement. Not withstanding the foregoing, MyAgent shall have
the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive
or other relief in the event that, in the opinion of MyAgent such action is necessary or desirable.
- Image re-license fee per set – are as set by current price list
- For Image copyright and ownership transfer fee please contact our office
Cancellation and Postponement
- A standard rescheduling fee of $55 incl GST applies if a booking is cancelled or postponed in less than 3 hours prior to commencement of the booking as originally confirmed.
- Where bookings are requested outside normal travel areas MyAgent reserves the right to charge an additional travel uplift.
- Alterations are limited to the following:
- MyAgent will not edit images to any extent deemed to result in misrepresentation
- Simple re-edits are included in the cost of photography. Major re-edits are subject to additional cost and can vary depending on the requirements.
- Only one re-edit is included in the cost of video. All change requests will need to be confirmed for the re-edit to take place at no additional cost.
- Additional re-edits will incur additional fees
- Floor Plans
- Only one re-edit is included in the cost of a floor plan. All change requests will need to be confirmed for the re-edit to take place at no additional cost.
- Additional re-edits will incur additional fees
- In the event that the client (listing agent or vendor) is unhappy with the result:
- Myagent will offer to re-edit or re-shoot at its discretion
- Where disappointment is a result of weather related reasons, Myagent may re-shoot and reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
- Where disappointment is one where the client (agent or vendor) is unhappy with the composition or angles taken, Myagent may re-shoot and reserves the right to charge an additional fee. This weighs more heavily on the instructing client (agent or vendor) where specific direction was not given at the time of the shoot.